PROVIDING HIGHEST STANDARDS WITH LOVING ATTENTION
We provide long term residential care for children, young adults, and adults with both developmental disabilities and skilled nursing needs. Star Care at Renaissance is a unique setting in which skilled nursing care, school and day training services, case management, and family integration are combined to enhance the overall quality of life of each individual for whom we care.
ADVANTAGES OF STAR CARE AT RENAISSANCE
- Provides highly skilled clinical care
- Decreases length of stay in hospital setting
- Provides family needed support and assistance for services
- Excellent educational program located within the local Canton Public School
- Exceptional Care Certification
- IDPA Approved
- Admit people of all ages
Our goal is to cultivate a supportive, caring environment that empowers each resident to achieve and maintain his or her highest level of functioning. We take pride in our resident-centered philosophy and approach to care. The safety and wellbeing of our residents is always our top priority.
RNs, LPNs, and CNAs provide the care, as well as a respiratory, speech, physical and occupational therapists. Our average staff to patient ratio is 4.5 residents.
- We smile and say “Hello” to our residents, family members, physicians and coworkers.
- We try to emotionally connect with everyone in our facility.
- We treat our patients as we would treat our own family members.
- We take extra time to reassure and explain our tasks and procedures to our residents.
- We show empathy and patience towards every person we touch and serve.
- We are ethical, honest and fair in our relationships and business practices.
- We will comply with all laws, rules and regulations governing our business.
- We keep our promises and follow through on commitments.
- We “do the right thing.”
EMPOWERMENT WITH ACCOUNTABILITY
- We solve problems on the spot.
- We encourage an atmosphere of inclusion and communication.
- We allow employees freedom to act and expect them to be accountable for their actions.
- We encourage others to speak up – their opinion matters.
- We understand our roles and take responsibility for our actions.
- We embrace change and welcome new ideas and processes.
- We develop processes and programs that streamline work and improve resident quality of life.
- We are forward thinking but accept failure and learn from our experiences.
- We think “outside the box” when approaching problems and obstacles.
REHAB AND THERAPY
TYPES OF CLINICAL CARE ROUTINELY PROVIDED
- Tracheotomy Care
- IV Therapy
- PICC/Central line care
- Ostomy Care
- Enteral Nutrition and TPN
- Oxygen Therapy and Monitoring
- Traumatic Brain Injury Services
- Thermal Regulation
- Wound Prevention and Care for all stages of wounds
- Post-Surgical care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Diabetes Management and Education/Insulin Dependencies
WE HAVE 24 HOUR A DAY, 365 DAY A YEAR RN COVERAGE.
WE ALSO HAVE AN RN/INFECTION CONTROL SPECIALIST IN HOUSE.
The West Central Illinois Special Education Cooperative operates a program in the nearby middle school to meet the needs of our residents. Anyone who is under 22 years old attends the program, which is designed specifically to meet their physical, medical, and educational needs. Once graduated from the school program, our residents attend the Fulton County Rehabilitation Day Training Program in Canton.